Hi there! I hope you all are having a wonderful first week of December. If your family celebrates Christmas, is your tree up yet?! Ours isn’t. Lame, I know, but I digress. I really enjoyed participating in Amanda’s Thursday thinking out loud for my first time two weeks ago so I’ve decided to jump back on that bandwagon.
1. Class registration. I met with my initial advisor at UNH yesterday to discuss class options and needless to say I’m beyond excited. I’m not entirely sure what specific classes I’ll be taking quite yet but I’m well on my way with that whole process. I do for one know I’ll be taking both chemistry 2 and psychobiology (as long as it doesn’t full up!). Along with that I really want to get into an upper-level course but that all depends on scheduling. Time will tell! 🙂 It was awesome just to be on campus though walking around, I think I’m going to love it!
2. I’m fairly certain I’ve eaten the exact same afternoon snack everyday for the past month. And I’m totally ok with it. Obsessed with Perfect bars. Don’t fix something if it isn’t broken. Perfect pre-workout snack or just anytime snack. Especially with coffee. But, I mean, everything goes with coffee.
3. I’m fairly certain I have put on over a pound of lotion in the past day. If anybody has any tips and/or product recommendations for dry skin I thank you in advance. Holy crud through seriously I don’t even understand how one can have such dry hands!!!!!! Splits on each finger. Bleeding. Cracked. Super hot. Why did I feel the need to tell you guys about the poor health of my hands?!
4. Buddha quotes 😉 I mean, I think Buddha definitely said this.
5. Entering the final two weeks of the fall semester! This semester has flown by. Last time I checked it actually just started and I was a major stress-ball. Again, chill homie. I’m really enjoying chemistry, as I mentioned in my last post and looking forward to future courses. I have three classes left: a test + lab day, a review day, and the final exam. After that it’s five weeks of break until the Spring semester begins!
6. I have made the gym into a giant playground this week. I always love the gym anyways, but this week I’m doing an early de-load just because I haven’t been sleeping quite enough and my body is telling me to change it up and have some fun so I am listening! On Monday instead of a fully packed lifting session I did 5×2 deadlifts increasing up to an easy 175# and then 4 rounds of: 8 deadlifts @ 115#, 50 double unders, 10 med-ball power cleans @ 15#. That little crossfit-esque medley left me craving more of that style workout, because it’s just fun, in my opinion. Yesterday I played around with some movements which I haven’t done in years: box jumps and wall balls. I was shocked because both felt good, natural, and not at all awkward. The whole workout was:
1a. 5×5 pull up
1b. 5×15 sit up
2a. 3×10 box jump
2b. 3×10 dips on parallel bars @ BW
3a. 3×10 wall balls
3b. 3×10 handstand shoulder taps (5/side)
4a. 3×15 push up
4b.3×40 double unders
nothing crazy, moved at a moderate pace and kept it to de-load mode in a sense of work/effort output and the mental side. this is fun for me. just movement. body weight stuff. double unders + gymnasty stuff 😉
7. I’ve been on a major swiss chard kick. Major. I was eating kale on the daily, lately it’s chard. Just look at that burst of color. Glorious greens indeed.
8. Black Friday shopping. It’s okay because, well, deals. In all seriousness though I was in desperate need of a winter coat and winter boots. Especially considering I am going to be walking much more outside come mid January, I figured I needed to get myself together to ensure I don’t actually freeze. I will say I love the deals that stores offer, however I hate that employee’s of some companies are made to work on Thanksgiving and/or early early Black Friday. Can’t we just calm down and wait a few more hours? I don’t see the big hoopla to get all worked up about. I went around 3pm and still found what I was looking for and there weren’t even many people out and about at that point! #winning.
9. Something to remember. You are perfect as you are. Accept that and love everything about yourself.
“We are very good at preparing to live, but not very good at living. We know how to sacrifice ten years for a diploma, and we are willing to work very hard to get a job, a car, a house, and so on. But we have difficulty remembering that we are alive in the present moment, the only moment there is for us to be alive.” – Thich Nhat Hanh